Join our Life Science Networking Event at the first Tuesday of every month!
At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 6000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
QIAGEN is a leading provider of cutting-edge Bioinformatics software solutions, specializing in life sciences and bioinformatics. Our innovative products empower researchers and clinicians in both research and clinical environments, facilitating breakthroughs in various scientific disciplines.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Business Development Director to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in life sciences and bioinformatics, with a proven track record in formulating strategic partnerships. The Business Development Director will play a pivotal role in driving revenue growth for our existing product portfolio and expanding our market presence by acquiring distribution rights for complementary partner products.
1. Partnership Development:
- Identify and establish strategic partnerships with key industry players, academic institutions, and research organizations.
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand product roadmaps and identify areas for potential collaboration with external partners.
2. Revenue Growth:
- Develop and implement strategies to drive revenue growth for existing products through effective partner engagement.
- Analyze market trends and competitor activities to identify new business opportunities and areas for expansion.
3. Product Distribution:
- Identify and negotiate distribution agreements for third-party products that complement our existing portfolio.
- Evaluate potential partners and negotiate terms to acquire distribution rights, ensuring alignment with company goals and objectives.
4. Contract and License Development:
- Utilize creative skills to develop custom contracts, licensing agreements, and other legal documents to facilitate successful partnerships.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to ensure all agreements adhere to regulatory requirements and company policies.
5. Market Analysis:
- Conduct thorough market research to identify potential partners, market trends, and competitive landscape.
- Provide insights and recommendations to the executive team based on market analysis.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline, business, or a related field.
- Proven experience in business development within the life sciences and bioinformatics sector.
- Demonstrated success in driving revenue growth through strategic partnerships.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Creative and adept at developing custom contracts and licenses.
- Familiarity with research and clinical environments.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including R&;D, marketing, and legal.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt strategies based on evolving market conditions.
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
QIAGEN complies with applicable laws regarding the confidentiality of employee health information and the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Candidates who require accommodation should contact Benefits@QIAGEN.com. This policy is part of QIAGEN’s ongoing efforts to support public health efforts and to ensure the safety and-well-being of its employees, customers, business partners, and community.